Later this month Twitch is sponsoring a Girl Geek Event at their San Fransisco Headquarters.The event is geared toward educating women about the career paths taken by Twitch designers, engineers and broadcasters who have helped transform live broadcasting video game and creative content into both a phenomenon and an occupation. All proceeds go toward need-based scholarships for women. Below is the full schedule.
- Kathy Astromoff (VP of Developer Success, Twitch)
- Anna Prosser Robinson (Programming Manager, Broadcaster/Partner, Twitch)
- Tiffany Huang (Engineer, Twitch)
- Malina Das (Engineer, Twitch)
- Sharmeen Browarek (Senior Product Manager, Twitch)
- Jacob Woodsey (VP Product, Twitch)
- Sophia Xiao (Director of Technical Program Management, Twitch)
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm Check-in and Icebreaker with Dinner and Drinks!
- 7:00pm – 7:15pm Keynote with Kathy Astromoff (Twitch VP of Developer Success)
- 7:15pm – 8:00pm Twitch girl geek panel, moderated by Sharmeen Browarek (Twitch Senior Product Manager)
- 8:00pm – 8:15pm Closing Thoughts: Sophia Xiao (Twitch Director of Technical Program Management)
- 8:15pm – 9:00pm Mixer