In two weeks the first TwitchCon will be taking place at Moscone West in San Fransisco. Today, Twitch PR Director Chase released a huge update on the Twitch Blog of what we can expect to see at the Con. The main focus that we took away was the TwitchCon 2015 GuideBook app they released along with the major update that was announced today. In the app you can set your schedule up for the entire event, rate your favorite Twitch broadcasters, and more! If you haven’t downloaded the TwitchCon 2015 app you can download it here.
Below is the full description of all the updated information you can expect to see in person at TwitchCon or online if you are unable to attend.
TwitchCon 2015 Visitor and Viewer Resources
TwitchCon 2015 will have a live presence throughout the event. To see what is happening, visit the TwitchCon events page on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/event/twitchcon
TwitchCon 2015 Giveaways
- Exclusive shirts: The first 1000 visitors on each day of the show will receive a limited edition t-shirt.
- Virtual Xbox Swag: TwitchCon attendees and viewers will be able to unlock an exclusive digital item for their Xbox One avatar. Registered attendees will get a TwitchCon hoodie and viewers will get a TwitchCon t-shirt for your Xbox Live avatar!
Here’s the latest on some of the awesome spectacle you can expect to see in person and online:
- Battle of the CEOs. Twitch’s Shear vs Blizzard’s Morhaime. Two men enter, one man leaves. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. You get the point. An event like this is so Rare, you could say it’s Legendary. Plus, you can’t have a match this Epic without commentators and coaches, so be prepared for special guests.
- VGCW (Video Game Championship Wrestling): VGCW is preparing a special customized character wrestling match, so expect some familiar looking competitors.
- Super Smash Bros. Exhibition featuring Twitch versus Red Bull: Twitch and Red Bull love Smash and want to throw a competition together, but are having trouble agreeing where to throw the event. To settle the score, SF-based Twitch will battle LA-based Red Bull in a Super Smash Bros. Exhibition Match where the winning office chooses the location of a $10,000 prize-pool Super Smash Bros. event (NorCal v SoCal).
TwitchCon 2015 will also have a number of other competitions and newly announced exhibitors as part of the festivities, including:
- WorldGaming: In tandem with the World Series of Video Games, WorldGaming are conducting a grand prize giveaway exclusive to event attendees. The winner will be presented with an all-expenses paid 7-day trip for two to the Maldives to witness the Grand Finals of WSVG happening October 5th-10th; a prize valued at an estimated $20,000! For registration information, visit theirblog. WorldGaming is also hosting the “Chill Out Charge UP” lounge featuring device charging stations and giveaways. Visitors will have the chance to play with special guests, participate in live head-to-head challenges, win gaming hardware, DLC, and giveaways every hour on the hour for games like Hearthstone, StarCraft II, NBA 2K16, and FIFA 16.
- H1Z1 Invitational: Players and Twitch personalities who qualified from Daybreak Game’s H1Z1 Road to TwitchCon contest to come together with one goal in mind: take each other out and be the best of the best in the ultimate survival mode—PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Battle Royale. The prize pool is currently in excess of $125,000!
- Rock Band 4 Broadcaster Battle of the Bands: Rock Band 4 developers, Harmonix, are hosting this epic music battle, pitting top broadcasters on Twitch against each other. But this isn’t a typical race for high score: contestants will also be judged on their stage performance!
- Hi-Rez Studios: Their recently announced Paladins will be playable for the first time in the U.S. at TwitchCon 2015. Paladins is a fantasy, team-based FPS with progression using collectible cards. Visitors to booth #427 can get hands-on with the Paladins demo and walk away with a code for early access. In addition, within the Indie Game Garage area is Hi-Rez Studios’ upcoming mobile game called Jetpack Fighter. Jetpack Fighter is a swipe-to-attack high speed platformer with gear progression that will be playable for the first time in public.
- HTC: Allowing users to traverse and explore a virtual world, the HTC Vive with SteamVR is a first of a kind virtual reality system that enables “360° room-scale VR.” It also features wireless controllers designed specifically for VR interaction. HTC will be showing demos including titles from WEVR, Radial Games & Northway Games, Skillman and Hackett, and Valve.
- Blizzard Entertainment: As part of Twitch CEO/founder Emmett Shear’s keynote presentation, Blizzard Entertainment will be revealing brand new content live for StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.
- Cartoon Network: Venture into the Land of Ooo with an all-new, first-of-its-kind experience from Cartoon Network Games.
- Oculus: Experience the latest games and content available on Samsung Gear VR.
Throughout TwitchCon 2015, there will be a number of stage presentations from exhibitors and community members. The following are some of the most notable.
- Partner Spotlight with LetsGetLexi and Hunter Pence: Broadcasting Partner Alexis “LetsGetLexi” Cozombolidis and host on CSN’s Covering Your Bases is joined by equally avid gamer and three time all-star San Francisco Giants player Hunter Pence to talk about regularly broadcasting together and their overall experience on Twitch.
- TechTalk with Amazon Games Studios: Mike Frazzini, VP, Amazon Games, and Patrick Gilmore, Studio Head, Double Helix, take the stage with moderator Marcus “djWHEAT” Graham to delve into community-driven gaming.
- TechTalk with Intel: This presentation focuses on getting the most out of Intel’s latest technology, from creating a virtual green screen to getting max performance from your Intel CPU. The demo will also include the advantages of overclocking and hardware transcoding, as well as important things to look out for when building your desktop or choosing the right notebook for broadcasting.
- New Media Brands: Nerdist, Geek and Sundry, SourceFed, and The Attack are among the notable content creator-driven media outlets taking the stage.
For a list of other TwitchCon 2015 events and exhibitors, check out our Exhibitors page.
via Twitch Blog