Looking back and reflecting on the past can be an incredible journey, especially with a tightly-knit community like Twitch. There was so much that Twitch accomplished in 2015 and it can now be reviewed on their retrospective page that went live today. The page features an interactive scroll down of facts and events that went down on Twitch in 2015.
Some of the big takeaways are the incredible growth on the mobile front (35% of viewers come from mobile devices), their monthly minutes watched (which showcase how engaged their users are), and their latest emote rankings. Below we compiled other takeaways from the retrospective page.
- 241,441,823,059 total minutes streamed
- 421.6 monthly minutes watched per viewer (130 more than Youtube)
- 2,098,529 peak concurrent viewers
- Over one million mobile installs
- 2,113,99 peak monthly broadcasters
- 9,169,726,092 total messages sent in 2015 (17,445 per minute)
- $17,400,000 total raised for charity