Reddit user mape_ has built a stream poll overlay with different game themes that allows users to gather feedback from your chat in a quick and easy way.
- Overlay integration for Twitch streams
- Takes less then 30 seconds to setup in OBS, from start to finish
- Different themes for different games (LOL, Hearthstone, H1Z1, DOTA2, CS:GO, Stonehearth etc)
- Uses Twitch chat for voting (for increased viewer engagement and fraud prevention)
- Chrome omnibox shortcut to create polls in Chrome demonstrated in this video
- Detects what game you are currently playing and suggests an appropriate theme
- Weight votes based on user status, subscribers get 2x for example
- Fully customize the poll with your own CSS using
- Edit: Added the ability to create presets so you can re-use polls
How to create a poll:
- Go to https://poll.ma.pe and login with your Twitch account (no extra permissions required)
- Copy & paste the overlay link into a browser source in OBS
- Create a new poll and it should show up on your stream
How people vote:
- Viewers vote by typing in Twitch chat.
- If you for example create a question about
"Should we try another character?" 1. Yes, 2. No. A viewer could either type
Yesinto chat to vote for the first option.
- Viewers are limited to one vote per poll
Make your own theme:
- Select “Custom” theme in the dashboard
- On your
- You can base your theme on this file: themeTemplate.css