The Twitch app for iOS and Android is getting a major overhaul. The new app will improve discovery, accessibility, and functionality.
The Twitch App will soon include the most requested features by both broadcasters and viewers including the ability to begin live broadcasting directly from a smartphone camera with mobile streaming and the option to use Dark Mode.
The Twitch App is rolling out today and will be available to everyone early July.
Our new Twitch mobile app is rolling out over the next 2 weeks!
— Twitch (@Twitch) June 28, 2017
Twitch App users will soon begin to see the following features appear upon updating to the latest version:
- Navigation Bars — One-stop shops for features like Live, Pulse, and Browse for easy access to all content
Pulse — Twitch’s new content recommendation and discovery feed
- Swipe Surfing — Swiping motions to quickly select new videos, return to a previous stream, access playlists, and more
- Instant Playlists — A collection of content accessible by swiping down on the screen
- Mobile Streaming — The ability to stream directly to a broadcaster’s channel from their phone’s camera via the Twitch App with no need to switch between other apps
- Language Ranking — A section of featured streams most popular among users of a specific region or language
- Dark Mode — An inverted color scheme for a different viewing experience
- Notifications — Users will now have the same notification center on their mobile devices as they do on the web
Twitch has a vibrant community on mobile, with more than 83MM installs of our app,” said Tom Robertson, Senior Director of Product Management at Twitch. “With this redesign we’re ensuring that our amazing creators – who are the reason this community exists – are more discoverable than ever, both to their existing fans and those who have yet to find them. It also makes navigating the app more fun and intuitive, with all the best stuff available with a single tap or simple swipe. Not only will our creators reach a new audience through the app itself, the launch of Mobile Streaming gives them the opportunity to offer new content to their fans. We can’t wait to see what they create.