Twitch announced a new Affiliate Program, which will help expand the commitment to include tens of thousands non-partnered content creators.
The program allows eligible streamers to start earning income on Twitch while building their audience, and provides a stepping stone to bridge the gap between emerging streamer and Twitch Partner.
At launch, Affiliates will be able to start using Cheering with Bits on their channel so their communities have an on-platform choice for showing support.
Affiliates will eventually have access to basic versions of Twitch tools including Subscriptions, Game Commerce and Advertising, Twitch will continue developing additional features just for Partners that are tailored for nurturing the larger communities they manage.
Example: When Twitch launches Subscriptions for Affiliates in the future, Affiliates will have only 1 subscriber emote, whereas Partners will be able to unlock a full set of 50 subscriber emotes.
Verified Chat Badges for partners:
- To give our Partners an extra mark of distinction on Twitch, Twitch will introduce a new Verified Chat Badge that will be granted to Partners on the same day we launch the Affiliate Program.
Affiliate Invitation Process:
- When the program launches, Twitch will begin sending invitations to streamers who qualify via email, notification in the upper right corner of twitch.tv, and in the dashboard.
- Invitations will roll out gradually over several weeks, so for those that are hoping to join the program, please be patient and allow several weeks for all the invitations to go out.
Q&A via Twitch Blog:
When will the Affiliate Program launch?
A. Very soon! When it launches, we’ll announce it on Twitter from @Twitch and on our blog.
How do I apply for the Twitch Affiliate Program?
A. There is no application process. We will invite streamers who qualify for the program to sign up.
How do I qualify to become a Twitch Affiliate?
A. The criteria is likely to change over time as the program develops. At launch, we’ll be inviting non-partnered streamers who have:
- At least 500 total minutes broadcast in the last 30 days
- At least 7 unique broadcast days in the last 30 days
- An average of 3 concurrent viewers or more over the last 30 days
- At least 50 Followers
How will I know if I qualify and if I do, where will I see an invite?
A. When we launch, qualified streamers will be notified via email, Notification, and an announcement in the upper left corner of your dashboard. Also, once a streamer is invited, a message will appear in their dashboard on the Settings tab where they can sign up to join the program. The initial wave of invitations around launch will be staggered over a several weeks. New invitations will continue to go out every few weeks after launch as new streamers qualify for the program. Invitations will not be instant as soon as a streamer meets the criteria. It will take a few weeks, so please be patient!
Will Affiliates receive revenue from Bits on their channel?
A. Twitch will provide participating Affiliates a share of the revenue Twitch receives from Bits equal to 1 cent per Bit used to Cheer for them, subject to certain terms and conditions such as our Bits Acceptable Use Policy.
I have a question that isn’t answered here!
A. Try this article in our Help Portal.
What is the difference between a Partner and an Affiliate?