During TwitchCon 2015, Twitch announced they would be updating the Whispers feature that is available in Twitch chat. Today they have given the community a preview of Whispers 2.0, what’s to come over the next few weeks, and how the community may play a part in shaping the final product.
As for mobile users, once Twitch gathers feedback for whispers on web, they’ll be making the feature available to mobile user soon. We’ll let you know when that becomes available.
Over the next month there will be a series of updates and they will add some of the following:
- Whispers will be moved from global chat so they are easier to see and respond to. This means you’ll now have a dedicated view for you 1:1 messages.
- Conversations will have docked and collapsible views to ensure that messages never interfere with your viewing experience.
- Whispers will be continuously saved for future conversations (even if you’re offline) and available across every channel, whether you’re on web and mobile.
- There will be better moderation options, such as the ability to block users 1:1 and easily report harassment or spam.
Twitch users also have the option to join the open beta to test this out by doing:
- Visiting any channel page on web.
- Clicking on the Chat Settings cog.
- Select the button for Enable Whispers 2.0 beta.
- If you’d like to opt-out of the beta at anytime, return to the Chat Settings cog and select Disable Whispers 2.0 beta.
Whispers 2.0 sounds great and we can’t wait to check it out 🙂